All tags Sauce's APPETIZER Appetizers Appitizers bread Breakfast Candy cookies Dinner Dressings Heavenly Hash Indian Fry Bread Indian Tacos Main main coarse MAIN DISH MAIN DISHES Meatloaf MMMMMMM....Smothered Steak sauce sauces Side Dish SNACKS SPICES
The Southern Buttermilk pie
Ingredients1 (9-inch) single pie crust, recipe link above
3 large eggs
1 large egg yolk
1½ cups buttermilk
½ cup granulated sugar
½ cup brown sugar
4 tablespoons (2 ounces) unsalted butter, melted
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
Instructions1. Roll out the pie crust dough and set it in a 9-inch pie tin. Crimp
the edges and prick the bottom all over with a fork. Refrigerate
for at least 30 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 425° F. Bake crust for 12-15 minutes, until
golden. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
3. Reduce oven temperature to 350° F. Set the pie tin on a baking
sheet that is lined with foil or parchment paper.
4. Combine all of the remaining ingredients in the jar of a blender,
put on the lid, and then blend until well-combined.
5. Carefully pour the liquid into the cooled crust. Cover the rim of
the crust with a pie crust shield or foil so that it doesn't get too
dark. Set the baking sheet with pie on it into the oven.
6. Bake for 40 minutes, turning the pan halfway through. The
custard should still wobble, but not be at all liquidy. Set on a
wire rack to cool completely before slicing.
7. Completely cooled pie can be covered and stored in the
refrigerator for a couple of days.