- 100g (4oz) butter or margarine
- 50g (2oz) caster sugar
- 100g (4oz) self-raising flour
- 25g (1oz) drinking chocolate or cocoa
- few drops of vanilla essence
- 50g (2oz) butter
- 100g (4oz) icing sugar, sieved
- 2tsp hot water
- 1tbsp cocoa powder
- icing sugar to dredge
- Heat oven to 190ºC/375ºF/Gas Mark 5.
- Grease a baking tray
- Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in
the flour and drinking chocolate or cocoa to form a stiff paste
and add vanilla essence to taste.
- Roll mixture into 24 balls the size of a marble and place on
the baking tray. Flatten the balls with a fork dipped in cold
water and bake for about 10 minutes. Allow to cool on a wire
- For the filling, beat butter until soft, gradually beat in icing
sugar and cocoa, water and any flavouring.
- When the biscuits are cold, sandwich together with the
filling and dust with icing sugar.